Friday, September 23, 2011

How much will it cost to change the fan in my laptop?

I have an HP Pavilion dv8000. The fan has been giving me trouble lately and it just died. My laptop will not stay on for more than 10-15 mins now (automatic shutdown since its overheating) I was wondering how much it would cost to fix this? (including labor) and also, How much would it cost for me to buy the parts and fix it? And what parts will I need to buy? Can I just buy the appropriate fan or do I have to get the heat sink also? Thanks so much for all the help. How much will it cost to change the fan in my laptop?They are about $10 and up! though you can get them online as cheap as a dollar!



Not advisable to try and fix yourself if you have no computer experience. Notebooks are very delicate, parts are small and capable of breaking at slight mishandling. Unfortunately, having a laptop repaired is costly in labour, even if the parts cost only a couple of dollars! Normal labour is between $60-and up!



I would suggest buying a cooling base for the notebook, which cost about $10-$20. It works great for all notebook, new or used.



Helpful link to repair fan:

http://www.fonerbooks.com/lap_fan.htm



Link to base coolers:

http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat
  • face natural make up
  • computer wont start up
  •