Friday, September 23, 2011

How much does it cost to change my name on my passport?

I am trying to find out the fees for a name change but the website only lists new applicant fees and renewal fees. My passport doesn't expire for 3 more years. I just need to change it to my married name. Any help is appreciated!How much does it cost to change my name on my passport?If your passport does not expire for 3 more years it has been issued for longer than one year ago; hence you need to apply for a passport renewal using DS-form 82 by post. The application fee is $75 since you do not have to pay the execution fee [$25] for taking an oath again.

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/fri ..How much does it cost to change my name on my passport?If your passport was issued less than a year ago, there is no fee. If it was more than a year ago, the regular passport fee applies. $100 for adults.



There are other documents you need to send, Here is the link.



http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/fri/ChangeName/ChangeName_851.html